Canning Beef Tacos
For every ONE pound of ground beef, you will need the following:
1 lb ground beef, slightly browned but still pink
2 tbsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 small onion, diced
- Heat jars in boiling water.
- Slightly brown the ground beef (leaving some pink)
- Drain fat.
- Mix spices and veggies into ground beef.
- Pack mixture into hot jars leaving 1 inch headspace.
- Wipe rims with vinegar.
- Add lids and process in pressure canner as below.
- Bring to 11 pounds pressure or the weight for your altitude (Chart below).
- Process pint jars for 75 minutes or quart jars for 90 minutes.
|Altitude in Feet||Weighted Gauge||Dial Gauge|